We are seeking a well-rounded candidate with 3-5 years’ experience in Public Accounting, specifically experience in performing audits of privately owned companies as well as tax preparation for businesses and individuals. . Construction industry experience helpful but not required. Compensation competitive with industry and commensurate with experience. Ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Must have prior experience working in a C.P.A firm
- Must have strong accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Strong computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with computer aided auditing tools such as PPC and engagement software such as Thomson Reuters Engagement CS.
- Must have prior audit experience
- Experience preparing financial statements
- Experience preparing and reviewing tax returns for business and individuals helpful but not required.
- Must be a self- starter and be able to work independently as well as with an audit team.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks and Sage
- Ability to manage and supervise staff on audit and review engagements
- Assist with planning, performing and reviewing audit, review and compilation engagements
- Financial statement preparation
- Supervise and train audit staff
- Research and implement new accounting and auditing pronouncements and issues as they arise
- Assist with preparation of business and individual tax returns